Working with a REALTOR
A good REALTOR can be an invaluable resource advising you on asking price, preparations for showing a marketing strategy, various costs, and negotiating satisfactory terms of sale when appropriate for your needs.
Keeping in mind that the needs of each seller and property are unique, your REALTOR may provide some of the following services to assist you in selling your home:
- Prepare a Comparative Market Analysis—a list of similar homes sold in your area—to advise you on your home's market value.
- List your house through the Multiple Listing Service (MLS®), a database of properties for sale shared by over 2,500 REALTORS in the Edmonton region.
- Advertise your home, including worldwide exposure on the internet at www.mls.ca; hold open houses and show your home.
- Advise you on how to prepare your property for sale; particularly to enhance those all important “first impressions.”
- Research his or her own buyers for a possible match for your property.
- Advise you on offers you receive.
- Negotiate the sales contract including price, possession date and chattels.
Working with a professional on a major investment such as real estate just makes sense. Here's how to find a REALTOR.